In any room, the curtains give the interior completeness and are the decorative element, without which it is difficult to create a cozy atmosphere. In the bathroom, in addition, curtains in some cases - a necessary element of the situation, preventing moisture from entering the room. There are various ways to isolate the wet zone in the bathroom from the rest of the room, it remains only to choose the right one for you.
Classic bathroom curtains
Blinds made of soft materials, for example, from a fabric impregnated with water-repellent compositions, or from thick PVC film, have long become familiar in our bathrooms. To transform the design of the bathroom, it is sometimes enough to change such a curtain.
Curtain attachment options
Classic fabric blinds differ according to the method of attachment to the guides.
- Clothespins. Clothespins, which are called "crocodiles", have their pros and cons. The obvious advantage is that it is not necessary to make holes for fasteners in the curtain. Cons: metal "crocodiles" in the damp air of the bathroom quickly rust, lose their appearance and stain the curtain, besides with a sharp opening of the curtain, they can "release" the curtain.
- Rings. Rings or hooks, threaded through specially made holes in the curtains, are put on the curtain rod. In purchased bathroom curtains, these holes are usually reinforced for greater strength.
- Eyelets. This is the most elegant, but at the same time expensive type of attachment. Holes are made in the fabric, which are bordered with metal plates. The holes are of such a size that the fixing bar runs freely in them. This solution looks very stylish and modern, besides the smooth sliding of the curtain is provided.
- Magnetic clamps. Cloth loops are riveted at the ends with inward-mounted magnets. Usually they have a decorative appearance, and are able to decorate a construction that isolates the wet zone. Fix the curtain, grabbing it with clips, and threading the barbell through the resulting hinges. Magnets are quite tight to each other, and the shutter holds well. However, for heavy fabrics, this type of attachment is not recommended.
- Pocket. At the upper edge of the curtains make a "pocket", tucking it and hemming in such a way that the bar freely entered the resulting space. The shutter is put on the rod, sliding it into the resulting "sleeve", and then fixed to the allotted place. This method has a significant disadvantage - the curtain is rather hard moving along the guide, however, using a curtain grab this disadvantage can be eliminated.
- Ceiling cornice. The curtain can be fixed using the ceiling eaves - a solution common to living rooms, and very rarely used in the bathroom. By supplying the curtain with chains or bundles attached on one side to the curtain itself, and on the other, with hooks, on the ledge, you can get a very original and decorative design option for the bathroom.
The most familiar and reliable material for curtains in the bathroom - polyester. It is a polyester polymer, soft enough and pleasant to the touch. It is easy to clean, durable, resistant to aggressive chemicals and practically impermeable to water vapor and splashes.
It is possible to increase its moisture-proof properties by impregnating it with a special compound, while the life of such a fabric is at least ten years. Care curtains simple, they can withstand both hand and machine wash, and the temperature should not be above 40 degrees. Blinds can be ironed, making sure that the iron was not hot.
Fabric blinds look very decorative, but a prerequisite for using them in the bathroom is moisture-proof impregnation. The dimensions of the curtains are selected depending on the size of the bathroom, as well as the desired decorative effect. For example, the length can be "to the floor", either to the side of the bath, or to the middle of the height of the bath.
The colors are chosen in accordance with the design of the room, and can be both calm, background, and bright, performing the role of the main decorative accent. In the latter case, you can choose curtains with active graphic or national patterns, or decorated with photo prints.
Whatever material you choose, a bathroom equipped with such curtains will look luxurious, and caring for it will not require a lot of time and effort, because the curtains are enough to wash and iron.
Roller blinds are usually used for decorating windows in kitchens, living rooms, bedrooms, on summer terraces. However, in the bath they are very appropriate, as they allow to save space - it is enough to raise the curtain to the ceiling.
The material for roller blinds, which are supposed to be used in the bathroom, must withstand the ingress of water on it, so the fabric must be treated with a water-repellent compound. The dirt does not linger on such a cloth, so care for it is not difficult: just wipe with a sponge and detergent and rinse with water.
While roller blinds are used with the equipment of bathrooms rather rarely, and it is difficult to find a suitable illustration. However, it is easy to imagine how it will look if you look at your favorite curtain in the interior of a living room or kitchen.
Glass partitions for a bathroom
Fixed glass partitions
The glass partitions fixed permanently are rather convenient in use. They are made of tempered glass, and such protective devices are completely safe to use. Fixed partitions usually cover part of the shower enclosures, and also install them on the bath - up to half of its length.
Glass does not let water through at all, even if it is poured in a direct flow. Glass for the manufacture of partitions can be both transparent and opaque, have a drawing or a relief surface, which makes it possible to create various interior solutions.
Sliding glass partitions
In shower cabins, glass partitions are often used, which move along special guides. Such a design can reach from the floor to the ceiling, or to the side of the bath - if installed on it. This allows you to completely isolate the wet zone, but the installation of such a system requires the participation of specialists in it, since the ease of moving the moving glass walls will depend on the accuracy of the installation of the guides.
The sliding partitions are quite demanding to care, each time after washing you will have to thoroughly wipe all the details of the structure to avoid the appearance of hardness and rust salts that impede the movement of the valves.
The wet area in the bathroom can be separated from the rest of the room with a glass wall with doors, which would be a much more practical solution than the curtains. In this embodiment, water and condensate are guaranteed not to fall outside the wet zone. Attention should be paid to the quality of the metal construction elements - profiles, fasteners, handles: rusty stains on the tile and glass will not decorate the room.