When planning their future, most families think about individual housing, considering all possible options. Many opt for the construction of a private cottage. Among developers the project of a house of 6 by 8 meters enjoys great popularity. This is the best option for dense urban development, in the construction of buildings on small or narrow areas.
A small structure will require less financial investment both during the construction phase and during further maintenance. With such dimensions, the structure is built quickly enough. If the living space of 48 m² is insufficient, a second floor or an attic can be provided. In such a compact house will live comfortably for a family of 4-5 people.
Features houses 6 to 8
The implementation of the project of a house of 6x8 meters makes it possible to build a residential structure suitable for comfortable living of a family consisting of four people. The small area of the building makes it similar to a one-, two-room apartment. The small house includes all the main rooms, as well as the boiler room. This option is characterized by the following advantages:
- minimum construction time;
- the building can be built on any shape and size of the territory;
- compact structure has a beautiful view;
- allows you to save space on the land;
- low construction costs;
- savings on utility bills;
- light construction does not require a reinforced foundation.
To expand the living space, many people attach a terrace or veranda, build a second floor, which significantly increases the area of the structure itself to 96 m², and uses attic space.
House location rules
In drawing up the drawing, the location of the residential building on its own plot, first of all, it is necessary to take into account the compliance of the building with the regulatory requirements with which the developer will be familiarized with in the district architectural department. In SNiP 31-02-2001, clause 4.1 stipulates that the construction of residential structures is carried out in accordance with the rules and regulations covered in the document, and clause 4.2 states that a residential building and structures used for household needs must be located subject to restrictions stipulated by the current legislation.
To select the optimal location, the standards specified in paragraph 5.3.2 of SP 30-102-99 are studied, where it is said that the construction must be separated from the border of the common areas, namely streets and passages 5 m and 3 m, respectively. Clause 5.3.4 states that the distance to the bordering area should exceed 3 m. According to SNiP 30-02-97 p. 4.7, the distance from the dacha to forest stands is more than 15 m, and in p. 6.5. Table 2 shows the minimum fire spacing between houses. Depending on the materials used, it ranges from 6 m to 15 m.
It is necessary to comply with all of these standards. But do not forget about the location of the house on the site in accordance with the cardinal points, and also take into account the wind rose. It is recommended to locate the windows of the living rooms in the south-southeast and south-west sides in a properly planned structure. Household premises and kitchen is better placed with the north.
Determine the construction material
One of the main structural elements of any structure is its foundation. It is of four main types: belt, slab, pile, columnar. The first of these, the most popular, is made from the following materials: rubble stone, crushed concrete, bricks, concrete, reinforced concrete. For the construction of wood or foam block on a stable ground will be enough columnar and tape-shaped view with a small depth. When building a house on a swampy area, on heaving soils, screw piles and, in some cases, even a slab foundation will be required.
For the construction of walls, you can use different raw materials. The choice of material depends on the available funds, the preferences of the owner. Consider the most popular:
- Brick. The most reliable investment of money. Allows you to build the most durable structure that can be operated for up to 150 years. Brickwork is able to "breathe", to provide heat in the winter season, cool in the summer. However, the construction of such building materials will cost much more expensive, compared to wood, cellular concrete.
- Foam block. The porous structure of the blocks provides good thermal insulation, noise insulation. For these indicators, they are superior to the previous version. A good option for the construction of low-rise buildings. But aerated concrete is very fragile, it can crumble under mechanical action, and it also absorbs moisture, which eventually leads to the appearance of cracks. Bearing capacity of the walls is negligible.
- Tree. The classic method of construction of residential structures of rounded logs. Natural wood allows you to quickly build a house. Raw materials are environmentally friendly, and because of its hygroscopicity inside the premises, there is never a lack of oxygen. Preferring this building material, it is worth remembering about the increased fire risk.
- Frame panels. They are a multilayer cake consisting of a layer of insulation, covered on both sides of the OSB. Good option for seismically hazardous areas. Panels provide heat capacity, but require good ventilation.
- Timber. For the construction of houses choose solid wood. For work it is better to use glued laminated timber, such buildings do not require additional cladding, but have the same drawbacks as a rounded log.
As the roofing material used slate, sheet metal, tile, metal. Composite and ceramic tiles allow you to create a very attractive coating, they are premium class building materials. The choice depends only on the owner. If desired, the need to stand out, you can even use wooden plates - shindel, shingles, shingles, and plowshares.
Floors of houses, their advantages and disadvantages
The project of residential construction is developed taking into account all the wishes and needs of its owner. Someone needs one floor where the main living rooms are located for 48 m², some include a garage in the layout, a two-story building is erected, and an attic space is equipped.
Garden options used exclusively on weekends, which do not provide for permanent residence, do not require additional extensions. For large families consisting of several generations, not only the second floor, but also the attic may be required.
For a large family making plans for the future, the best option would be a two-story structure. Due to the increase in the area it is possible to divide the building into several functional zones. Provide for the first floor should be a room for the older generation, living room, kitchen, dining room, boiler room. The second level is better to use for bedrooms and children, if necessary, equip an office, a balcony.
Before you dwell on this option, you should consider all the positive and negative points associated with the construction of such a structure. The main advantages of a two-story house 6x8 meters include:
- Saving space. This will allow to leave more space for the construction of other buildings, to allocate additional meters for a garden or a vegetable garden, especially in small plots of 6-10 acres.
- The construction of a compact two-story house, the total area of which is 96 m², will require less building materials, compared to a one-story building of the same quadrature.
- The presence of the second floor allows you to conveniently use the living space.
- Two-story designs look beautiful.
The disadvantages of such housing include:
- The staircase, which occupies part of the usable area.
- For the older generation, climbing stairs is difficult.
- Laying plumbing communications, heating structures on the upper tier will require additional investments.
- The high cost of concrete floors.
- A stronger foundation is required.
A compact house, squarely comparable to a two-room apartment, is chosen by older couples, families without children. This is a good option for summer cottage, it allows you to spend the weekend comfortably. In a small area usually place the living room, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, boiler room. Often the hall is combined with a kitchen area. Of the advantages of such a structure are:
- Short construction time.
- The reinforced base is not required.
- Savings on utility bills.
- Convenient to carry out repairs.
- The absence of a flight of stairs makes the house safe for children, comfortable retirees.
- The building is being built on any kind of soil.
Disadvantages of single-storey structures 6x8 m:
- Small living space, it is not suitable for a large family.
- To increase the area often attach additional facilities, which spoils the overall appearance.
- The building contains few functional areas.
House with attic
Experts recommend building a full-fledged two-story house, the cost of which is comparable to the construction of the attic floor. In some cases, for example, if the ground does not allow the erection of multi-storey buildings, or it is required to retool the existing one-story building, it is rational to make the attic space residential. Here they usually have an office, sometimes they equip a bedroom and a nursery, occasionally a bathroom. The advantages of such buildings are expressed by the following characteristics:
- Savings on the foundation, on the materials required for the construction of walls.
- With proper planning, the loss of living space, compared to a two-story structure, will be insignificant.
- Attractive appearance.
- Rest in the attic is pleasant and romantic.
- The cost of roofing materials, skylights, additional sound insulation, thermal insulation significantly increase the cost of construction;
- Large losses on heating, energy consumption by 40% more.
- With a small angle of inclination of the roof, the useful area is lost.
- The accumulation of snow prevents the penetration of natural light.
- Noise isolation drowns out, but it is not able to completely isolate the sound from rain, falling snow, blowing wind.
Houses with a garage
Building a garage is a hot issue for many people. But how to place it in such a small structure, because its size should be 4x6 meters, which is half of the total area of the building. Accordingly, for single-storey structures, it remains only to erect a detached building, attach it to the house, and at the planning stage provide a basement floor. On the last dwell in more detail, consider its main advantages:
- Under the garage, you can allocate all the space located under the building, or combine it with the boiler room, additional rooms.
- To access the car will not need to go out.
- You do not have to worry about a separate electrical wiring, just get a CIP (self-supporting insulated wire) from the pole into a residential structure.
- Saving space on the site
- The price of the building will increase significantly due to the additional costs of the ground floor.
- Construction time will increase.
- Will require special insulation of the house from the exhaust gases.
- The fire hazard of the building increases.
What to consider when planning a house 6 to 8
When designing a building, every detail is taken into account - the type of foundation, the number of floors, the materials used for the construction of walls and roofs, the choice of single or dual roof, and other aspects. In internal planning, the issue of the number of rooms and windows, their location in the available area is considered, the height from the floor to the ceiling is determined. At the same time, existing approved norms and standards are taken into account. Let us dwell in more detail on the main points.
When choosing the optimal height of ceilings, first of all, you should familiarize yourself with the regulatory documents, namely SNiP 31-02-2001 and SNiP 2.08.01-89, where paragraphs 4.5 and 1.1 say that the distance from floor to ceiling should not be less than 2.5 m, on the attic floor not less than 2.3 m, in the corridors more than 2.1 m. These rules must be taken into account, otherwise the project may not be registered with the government oversight bodies.
For a compact structure of 48 m², where the area of the rooms is limited, high ceilings exceeding 3 meters will be inappropriate. Experts recommend using the generally accepted value for most structures, which is 2.7 m. This distance is quite enough even for the installation of multi-level plasterboard structures. But the choice always remains with the owner of the future structure.
The size and number of windows
Here it is also worth referring to SNiP 31-02-2001 p. 8.9 and SNiP 31-01-2003 p. 9.13, where it is indicated that the ratio between the floor area and window openings should be at least 1: 8, but not more than 1: 5 , 5 for all residential premises, including kitchen. For attic floors - not less than 1:10. Given these standards, it is possible to calculate the size of windows for a particular room, for example, for a room of 5x4 meters, the minimum size should be within 1.5x1.7 meters.
The number of openings everyone can determine for himself. The kitchen is better to have one large window on the north side. In the bedroom and living room, preference should be given to several window constructions facing east and southeast, respectively. On the north side, mainly technical premises are located, therefore there will be few windows in this area, most of them being on the facade.
Space allocation for rooms
In Section 4.4 of the SNiP 31-02-2001, a house must have a minimum set of rooms: living space, kitchen, bathroom, toilet, storage room, as well as a boiler room or space for stove heating, unless a centralized heating system is provided. It also defines the minimum dimensions of all the rooms, namely the living room - 12 m², the bedroom - 8 m², the kitchen area - 6 m², the width of the bathroom - 1.5 m, the restroom - 0.8 m, the entrance hall 1.4 m.
Given the above parameters, it is possible to optimally distribute the area for all rooms. Place for rest and sleep to allocate 9 m², placing it at the entrance, a corridor of 4.5 m², furnace - 1.5 m², combined bathroom - 3 m². The hall, located on the kitchen side, will occupy 18 m², the remaining 12 m² remain on the kitchen area and a small storage room.
Number and location of rooms
The house should have one living room and several auxiliary. When planning, it is better to arrange the hallway in the middle, to divide the construction into two functional zones with its help. On the one hand, it is recommended to arrange the bedroom and the living room, on the other hand, to place the furnace, bathroom, kitchen. The kitchen area should always be located next to the bathroom, it will save on plumbing communications, and keep the required level of tilt of the drain pipes.
The presence of the second floor or attic can significantly increase the number of rooms. You can put sleeping places on the upper tier, organize a children's room, an office, thereby increasing the space for the living room from below. It also becomes possible to organize a full-fledged dining room, a separate bathroom and even provide a sauna. In this case, the number of living rooms may increase to 4 - 5, depending on the layout.
Houses 6x8 on frame technology
The project of such a house will depend on the characteristics of use - a seasonal option or for permanent residence. It is necessary to build structures according to certain rules, taking into account the location. The site should be dry, well drained. Modern technologies allow the use of the most simple materials with maximum efficiency.
House 6x8 on frame technology - light but strong construction, consisting of vertical posts, horizontal strapping. It does not require a massive foundation. If the building is intended for living in the winter, the gaps and voids between the shields are filled with insulating materials. Use mineral wool, polystyrene foam.
The frame, all supporting structures, the floor must be made of the same material. Often use oak, larch. So that there are no imbalances, it is important to properly fit all the details. It is better not to use metal fasteners, as they can cause the elements to loosen and rot. It is better to use wooden pins. From the outside, the frame is sheathed with boards at an angle. This will make it more durable, tough.
Exterior design of houses
A small house 6x8 will look great in any style. When choosing materials for outdoor decoration should take into account the features, the overall design of the site. The laconic modern building will complement the style of the prestigious cottage village, the country house will be transformed next to the centuries-old oaks against the backdrop of majestic mountains.
Facade work is carried out not only to improve the aesthetics, but also to extend the life of the structure. As finishing materials use:
- Decorative plaster;
- Facing brick, artificial stone;
- Clapboard, block house;
- Vinyl siding.
Построить небольшой домик на собственном участке можно своими руками, но для этого необходимо обладать определенными строительными навыками. Проще обратиться в специализированные фирмы, которые предлагают возвести компактное современное сооружение под ключ. Specialists will select the appropriate project for any requirements, and they will deliver the object on time.