Beautiful and diverse indoor plants in the interior fill the house or apartment with coziness and comfort. Even the functional and straightforward modern styles do not give up the organic use of vegetation. It is not necessary that these were bushes with lush flowers. The unusual pattern of leaves or their original texture is also able to create comfort in different environments: from strict classics to an industrial loft.
The most popular plants in the interior
The most popular plants for home keeping have several advantages:
- Ease of growing and care, even for beginner gardeners;
- Endurance, proven over the years. The health of these species is excellent, they will not be problematic;
- Easy breeding;
- Low cost.
And, most importantly, they are out of fashion and never lose their relevance. The most common colors in the residential interior include the following names:
- Saintpaulias, baroque violets;
- Cissusi ("birch");
- Money Tree, or, briefly, bolster;
- Different types of geraniums.
The role of indoor plants in the interior
The use of indoor flowers is one of the most ancient ways of decorating an interior. The role of plants in modern design is much wider. They are used not only for decoration, but also to divide the room into zones. On sale you can find a huge selection of home potted plants and accessories for them.
Influence on the environment and perception of rooms
The first thing that houseplants are associated with is the knowledge about photosynthesis obtained at school (something related to the release of oxygen and the absorption of carbon dioxide) obtained at school. Well, also with the fact that plants are our green friends. All this is true, but the plants help to harmoniously perceive the surrounding space. With their help, you can completely transform the interior.
One of the purposes of indoor plants in a modern interior is the division of a room into zones. In this case, be sure to take into account the microclimate of the house or apartment. For example, a small room is not suitable for a large plant due to the dryness of the air and the lack of light. There are several principles of dividing a room into zones.
An open two-sided shelving (with shelves on both sides) serves as a kind of mobile partition. It is installed in the right place of the room, and plants are placed on the shelves.
Perfectly suitable for this purpose are climbing species: Rowley's gardener, cissus, heder. Sansiviera, asplenium, and selaginella feel well on dark areas. In design projects, this way of zoning is often present.
Outdoor plants in large pots, placed "wall" - an excellent separator for functional areas. It is not necessary for these to be tall plants. Stunted species like Anthurium or Philodendron do an excellent job with this task. The green partition from plants planted in the common ground looks beautiful. Low plants are suitable for a high box, and tall plants for a low box. You can equip a relax zone in the room by connecting corner pots with square or rectangular pot.
Division into zones above
For this purpose, use curly and ampelous plants. To do this, a shelf equipped with flanges is fixed under the ceiling and amley plants are placed on it: hoya, zebrina, sawnwood, chlorophytum, etc. Of course, fastening the structure for placing flowers is laborious, but the result is impressive. But the most interesting solution is the use of an eye-like curtain as a living tillandsia curtain. It grows without soil. The plant feeds with dust particles from the air.
The simplest option is a wooden lattice with pots fixed on it. It is best to use ampelous and climbing plants when arranging such a green wall. The latter are installed below, and the pots with ampelous species are placed in the upper part of the structure. It looks very original wall formed by plants of the same species, for example, seedlings. To make it easier to care for plants, it is desirable to equip the wall with a system for drip irrigation.
The right choice of vegetation allows you to create the right atmosphere in the room. In the bedroom it is - relaxation and rest, in the study - concentration, in the living room - beauty and luxury. Citrus fruits look beautiful next to the sofa due to a combination of shades of foliage and fruits. The kitchen will look modern and original from the rack, lined with boxes of spicy herbs, seasonings. In the study is appropriate strict sansivera or palm. It is also important to take into account the taste of the owners. It is necessary that they like the plants.
Green plantings not only delight the eye and create a good microclimate, but also are able to visually adjust the configuration of the room. The use of tall or small indoor flowers contributes to a completely different perception of the same room:
- High-leaf plant (eg, palm) is appropriate only in a large room with high ceilings. In a small room Khrushchev accent plant will look cumbersome, but the very small room will seem even smaller.
- In the interior of a low room looks great "floating clouds" of hanging climbers. They visually lift the ceiling. At the same time, it is desirable to place them in the background.
- With the help of one or several home colors, it is possible to beat areas that are unsuccessful in terms of design. For example, an empty wall or a huge massive table looks much better decorated with a single plant or composition.
Indoor vegetation can play an accent role, that is, emphasize any successful interior detail. At the same time, it should attract the eyes of an unusual shape, beautiful color or original texture. The most successful accent plants:
- Kalanchoe of different types;
- Flowering bulbous plants;
- Indoor roses.
Recommendations for selection
Consider the main vectors for which you need to navigate when arranging a home miniature botanical garden.
Choice based on style
The style decision of the room is one of the most important factors in the selection of vegetation:
- Bonsai and bamboo harmonize well with the Japanese style. Dwarf fancy plants are integral to the culture of the Land of the Rising Sun.
- Oriental flavor has something in common with pahirs and orchids.
- Fans of vintage design will love indoor rose.
- The classic interior is in harmony with flowering plants: begonia, violet or hydrangea. As an additional decor, you can use pots decorated with stucco.
- Bengal ficuses and dracaena will decorate a room decorated according to the canons of the Mediterranean style.
- Camellia and cyclamen cause association with English and French interiors.
- Fit plants in a minimalist interior. At the same time, a large number of flowerpots will be superfluous. 2-3 large copies is enough. These can be yucca or dracaena.
- High-tech design is also no stranger to the use of vegetation in the interior. This strict style - for busy people, so the best option would be strict succulents.
- The atmosphere of the colonial style is perfectly combined with palm trees, monsters and large ficuses.
- Fusion style is associated with the use in the interior of bright plants with an unusual configuration and (or) texture. Marrans and crotons fit perfectly in style.
The degree of light - an important factor in the selection of vegetation
When planning to buy flowers, be sure to consider the degree of illumination of the house space:
- For poorly lit rooms with windows to the north are suitable shade-loving views: dracaena, spathiphyllum, dieffenbachia, monster and ferns. Suitable for darkened premises ficuses and handsome anthuriums.
- A well-lit room with windows to the south will be decorated with prickly pears, aloe, camellias or sambacs.
- For the eastern direction of the windows, species such as violets, myrtle, oleanders, small-leaved ficuses, dracaena or fuchsias are used.
- If the windows of the room face west, they use Gasteria, begonias, sansivera, asparagus or date palm trees as decoration.
We take into account the functionality of the room
Appointment of the room plays perhaps the most important role in the selection of plants. For relatively spacious living rooms, flowers of ampel type and (or) in floor pots are suitable. It is desirable to arrange the dining room with small-leaved species, such as hibiscus or spathiphyllum. Shadow-loving views will take root in the hall. And for the children's room and the bedroom, plants that produce oxygen at night are optimal.
An additional requirement for the colors in the nursery: they must be devoid of thorns!
The kitchen will take root species, well tolerate high temperature and high humidity.
Even if you use the same plants for room decoration, they will look differently, depending on the placement method chosen. The traditional situation with the arrangement of flowers on the windowsill is not the only option:
- Planting in containers designed for installation on a table or floor does not lose relevance.
- For ampelous plants there are hanging vases.
- Elegantly look for floor stands for flower pots.
- Elongated containers are used to create a "bed" of small bushes.
- For small space suitable containers in several levels.
You can experiment with materials for the manufacture of tanks for planting plants. The use of wooden elements or forged decorations makes the interior very advantageous. Can be considered when decorating colors and canons of Feng Shui teachings.
Applications in the design of premises
The comfort of living in a house or apartment depends largely on how correctly the plants are selected. This concerns not only and not so much the design as the functional purpose of the room. The mindless filling of the rooms of exotic flora will not bring anything good either to the owners of the apartment or the plants themselves. When buying flowers, you need to realistically assess your capabilities and be strictly aware that you can take care of them.
The living room is the largest, most elegant room for receiving guests. Large and broad-leaved outdoor plants are appropriate here. In a small room there is a place for climbers and compact specimens in hanging pot and basket. Next to traditional indoor cultures, fresh cut flowers in vases look beautiful and unusual. To preserve the lightness and elegance of the interior, designers recommend using clear glass flasks or aquariums.
The kitchen is one of the most favorable places for a home botanical garden. This room is well lit, and the humidity level here is greater than in other rooms. Considering that food is cooked here, the air temperature in the kitchen is higher than in the living rooms. Therefore, the place here for light and heat-loving crops. However, you should not place them near the stove of green pets, because they can become sick or die from excessive heat. The zone near the sink is also not the best place, as soap spray and drops of fat can damage the flowers. It is necessary to correlate among themselves the sizes of plants and kitchen rooms. Best of all, the kitchen climate is tolerated by ivy, chlorophytum, tradescantia, asparagus and aloe. In addition, chlorophytum cleanses kitchen air from harmful fumes.
A great idea for the kitchen is a miniature "garden" with green onions, parsley, basil, mint and ornamental pepper. An interesting design solution - the use of kitchen utensils instead of the usual pot.
The task of the colors in the interior of the bedroom is to fill it with tenderness, pacification and comfort. Another important rule: in the bedroom should not be a lot of plants. In particular, this applies to strongly smelling flowers. A harsh or suffocating odor can cause sleep disturbances and headaches. In the bedroom there is no place for ferns and lilies, since they absorb oxygen, releasing carbon dioxide instead. Plants can be placed on the floor (if space permits), on tables, cabinets or window sills. It all depends on how far they are light-requiring. Aloe and Kalanchoe are great for the bedroom, because they emit oxygen at night and create a favorable microclimate. An interesting idea is the combination of living plants and photo wallpapers with a “plant” picture on the accent wall.
The principles of choosing colors for children’s are simple: they must be pleasing to the eye, be safe and have a positive psycho-emotional effect on the child. The best plants for the nursery are:
- A fat woman "money tree". This plant programs on a positive.
- Cyclamen. It is established that it contributes to the development of creative possibilities.
- Uzambarsky violet, solyiroliya. These decorative flowers have a unique property to improve mood. Especially like violets girls.
As in the bedroom, in the nursery do not need a lot of flowerpots. Couples-three small pots will be quite enough.
The hallway is the first room where visitors get when they enter a house or apartment. Is there room for plants in the hallway? Of course there is. If there is a window - this is of course luck, but if there is little light, you can think about purchasing shade-loving plants. This is a marrante, sansivera, dracaena or fatsy. They are unpretentious, well tolerate the lack of lighting and temperature differences peculiar to the hallway.
When choosing plants in the hallway, you should pay attention to the room footage. If it is spacious enough, large, lush views will look good. For example, a fern would be appropriate both in a group with other cultures, and as a self-sufficient emphasis. For a small area, small flowers are desirable, placed on special shelves and stands. An example is Heder's ivy. This small, but very beautiful plant will transform the hallway and create an atmosphere of indescribable comfort and coziness.
The bathroom is closed, so the correct selection of plants is very important. The benefits that homemade flowers in the bathroom bring are as follows:
- Plants produce oxygen, have a disinfecting effect, create a favorable and comfortable microclimate.
- Destroy unpleasant odors.
- Enhance the mood with a beautiful view.
The bathroom is a hot and humid room, so it is absolutely logical that tropical views will feel best here. These are yucca palms, dragon trees, orchids, bamboo, spathiphyllum, croton, various types of ferns. It is especially easy to choose a flower if the bathroom has a window. However, in any case, the plants placed in the bathroom require special care:
- The room needs to be aired regularly.
- Watering flowers - moderate, as the land dries. Stagnant water harm even the most moisture-loving plants.
- In winter, you do not need to feed the flowers.
- If there is no window in the bathroom, it is necessary to install fluorescent lamps. Special fitolamps for greenhouses are also excellent. They are expensive, but they justify themselves completely.
- Plants will benefit and periodically move from the bathroom to the balcony or kitchen.
Depending on the footage of the premises, you can place the plants on the floor, walls, special supports or window sills. To put flowers on the washing machine, to place them near heating devices - it is impossible.
Houseplants are a huge variety of shades, configurations and textures that awaken creative thought. If the natural conditions do not allow you to have a green friend you like, you can create them artificially. For example, to optimize watering or organize illumination with phytolamps. This will create the best conditions for a green pet, and he will please you with a healthy and beautiful view.