When designing the interior of your own apartment, the design of an aquarium plays an important role. Since it is rarely possible to meet him in a rented room. The live fish tank has become a symbol of stability and reliability. Thus, it favorably emphasizes the status of owners who have already decided on a permanent place to live. After all, to transport ornamental fish from place to place hardly anyone will. In addition, the maintenance of the aquarium requires certain costs for which not every person can decide. Therefore, further consider the features of the design of an aquarium in a modern house.
Acquaintance with aquascaping
This term refers to the creation of a picturesque landscape under water in decorative conditions. Those users who think that it is enough for an institution of small fishes to pour stones in a glass box and to fill in it with water, deeply are mistaken in one. Namely - in the aesthetic perception of the final result. An experienced designer at the design stage of the interior will ask the owners about the aquarium. It is important to choose not only the fish, but also the very style of the tank. It should fit perfectly into the overall interior of the room in order to properly fulfill its role. Even if you add plants and various rattles to the stones in an ugly decorated aquarium, this will not fix the situation. To admire the irresponsible creation for a long time will not work.
In addition, many species of aquarium fish require special treatment. In order to somehow compensate them for their natural habitat, it is necessary to take care of the worth filling. Artificial materials will look cheap and unattractive. Thanks to the worldwide network, you can find enough information about each of the fish. Some need frequent water changes, others do not need it at all, because they themselves clean it. The choice of plants should also be approached with the utmost responsibility. But the main question for the owners is the design of the aquarium.
Its aesthetic characteristics should meet the taste preferences of homeowners.
There is a huge number of options for how to organize the design of the aquarium with your own hands. The network also has many examples of design developments that were created by professionals. Even contests for the best sample of aquascaping are held regularly. The first place is often given to those guys whose work really requires skill and patience. To design an aquarium allowed him to become an integral element of the decor, you should be prepared for a time-consuming process.
Since the design styles are innumerable, let us select only the main ones. These examples are most popular with users:
Psevdomore. Characterized by the fact that when you create a high-quality imitation of the seabed. To do this, use all the elements that can be found in the vicinity of the same coral reef (the corals themselves, unusual shells, characteristic sand). Freshwater space can be decorated with ceramics, light-colored primer, pirated accessories. When the design of the tank is ready, it is populated with brightly colored fish. Such can boast of decorative cichlids;
Forced herbalist. An original approach to the design was noted style with a talking title. The emphasis in such an aquarium is exclusively on plants. Small fishes are either far away in the background (a vivid example is the family of haracin), or they are completely absent. Sometimes they are replaced by shrimp. But the composition of the green inhabitants of the underwater world should cause delight among the owners. To maintain them in good condition, CO2 and various additives are used. Additionally, the installation is decorated with decorative snags and stones;Small table option
Unformed herbalist. The difference between this type of design and the previous one is that there is a large number of fish (from characteristic fish to carps). At the same time plants, slugs and stones can be no less. This style is designed to mimic the natural habitat for aquarium fish. Design in this style can be found in most novice aquascapers;
Story Aquarium. The most curious style, as it implies unlimited creativity of the owner. The designer can advise him to choose a specific theme, which is really embodied. This may be a trivial shipwreck, or maybe a large metropolis under water. There are also exotic options with football fields or railways. Only fantasy dictates to the owners the filling with accessories in such an aquarium;
Aquarium "Avangard". It implies a violent combination of colors or an emphasis on any one beautiful color. The latter should attract the views of all guests without exception. Use of various forms for bigger drawing attention is allowed. In order for the fish to feel natural in such an environment, owners must competently approach the setting of biological balance;
Biotope aquarium. The approach to the organization of this type of water world is somewhat similar to the plot style. With the only difference that the natural environment of a specific biotope should be imitated here. This may be the nature of the clay Ganges, the Amazon Green, Lake Baikal, etc. All elements in such an aquarium are selected to match the chosen area: the corresponding soil, plants growing there, aquatic inhabitants. This will favorably emphasize the conceptual taste of home owners;
Aquarium with show fish. Aquarium decoration should be sharpened by a large fish, which requires space and volume. The scenery plays a secondary role, since the main focus is on the shape of the fish itself. It may be knife fish, arawan, etc;
Industrial aquarium. If the owners are distinguished by their practicality, then it is possible to abandon the use of decorations and sand to the detriment of design. Since the latter have the property to be polluted. Instead, you can organize a competent aeration with a water supply;
Marine aquarium using live corals "Reef". The beauty of these underwater structures due to the colorful colors of marine polyps. It is important to remember that they do not tolerate dirty water. To keep the corals dead, a good biobalance should be established. This will allow to adequately imitate the depths of the ocean and the beauty of the coral reef. The maintenance of such a tank will give the interior a respectable look.
Key elements of the arrangement
Any painting consists of canvas, brush and paints. The original combination of the latter can give the most unpredictable results. The situation is similar in aquascaping. Experts identify a number of key elements:
- Background. If the tank is located near the wall of the room, then it is logical to use its surface to organize a decorative background. To do this, between the wall and the glass wall put color films or photo decorations. However, no one bothers the owner to make a decorative background on his own. You can use various panels, branches, unusual leaves. It will be great if you manage to place the moss in a narrow space.
- Stones. Practical design of the aquarium allows you to perform two functions at once. Since large specimens can serve not only as a decoration of the water space, but also as a reliable shelter for pregnant fish. Granite, basalt and other rocks are used. There are some restrictions on the use of sandstone (limestone), as soft water is not suitable for them. When arranging, you must first cover the bottom with plastic sheets, and then install stone structures. Only after that you can fill the bottom of the selected soil. This is a precaution against damage to glass surfaces and the fragile position of the stone structure. When installing the latter, you can adhere to the principle of the golden section, when the design takes up one or two thirds of the space. Small stones are located in the corners.
- Priming. If the use of bottom filters is planned, these technical elements should be installed before backfilling. It should also carefully prepare a place for planting. The nutritional substrate will significantly strengthen the surface of the soil, the thickness of which is about 5 cm. To create a high relief, you will need the help of special tools. And in order to ensure uneven placement of the soil, you should use additional decorative elements.
Plant roots hold soil well. Without them, it becomes flat over time.
- Snags. They perform approximately the same role as large stones. Serve for reliable shelter of ornamental fish. If the owner is engaged in the arrangement of their own, then found snags should be pre-processed. For this boiling in salt water for an hour. After you need to thoroughly wash the wood to get rid of the remnants of salt. After that, the buoyancy of the snags should decrease. Otherwise it will be difficult to place it in the aquarium. Some users attach the load to the wood material. It will be interesting to look moss or another plant on its surface.
- Grottoes. To create a grotto it is convenient to use old pottery. Ordinary flower pots and decorative vases are suitable. They are broken down to make it easier to place in the sand.
- Seashells. In addition to the aforementioned corals, most designers recommend using different shells. An additional advantage of their operation is the increase in water hardness due to the release of calcium carbonate.
- Plants. An organic aquarium is hard to imagine without live plants. Their ability to harmonize balance is highly valued by professionals. To soften the power of stone structures and give naturalness to the artificially created space, tall or floating plants are used. Stunted, on the contrary, can enhance the effect of hardness of stone. The approach to planting should be balanced and patient. Immediately put the representative of the flora in the water should not be. It is necessary to gradually prepare it for a new environment, periodically sprinkling aquarium water from the sprayer. Then successively the tank is filled with liquid.
Making your own design involves creating a harmonious composition of the above elements. It is recommended to immediately follow the advice of experts, so that you do not have to redo it later. The beautiful design of the home aquarium creates a lasting impression on the guests of the house.
During the arrangement of the aquarium owners have the right to choose the style of its design. Beautiful design is easy to create with your own hands, following the practical advice of professionals. It is important to familiarize yourself with the conditions of maintenance of certain fish in order to properly prepare the space for living in an artificial pond.