The design of the room consists of many different parts: the choice of materials for the design of walls, floors and ceilings, functional and comfortable furniture, the distribution of light, the use of important techniques that can give the room a special style. It is important to use the full potential of a small space, including work areas. The design of an elongated kitchen (12 sq. M., 8 and 15 sq. M.) Depends on the goals pursued by the apartment owner.
It is recommended to build on the chosen style, it will determine the basic mood of the room.
The popular design options for a small elongated kitchen include:
- Classic style will not lose its special charm and popularity. This type of decoration is able to give the room elegance and calm beauty.
- Minimalism. In this situation, it is worth thinking about choosing minimalism seriously, due to the absence of excesses, many serious problems can be avoided: lack of space (due to the lack of a large amount of furniture and decorations) and the issue of the placement of work areas (such areas become hidden, combined with other interior items) .
- Retro. In such a case, a small space becomes a certain advantage. Stylized objects make the kitchen cozy. In such a room are placed only the necessary things: stove, refrigerator, work surfaces and cabinets for dishes. The decorative elements help to complete the image: figurines, paintings, clocks.
- High tech. The excellent decision for those who got used to combine a sensible practicality and beauty. Characteristic is the use of objects that combine several functions (working surface with sliding lockers, sliding tables).
- Fusion One of the most difficult styles to perform. It is a certain combination of several styles, calm saturated tones prevail, often the use of bright details that seem out of place to many people. Dealing with the nuances on your own is difficult, it is recommended to contact specialists.
The style determines the direction in which subsequent actions will take place in favor of the choice of materials.
Choosing the right color design can create the effect of the visual expansion of an elongated kitchen. Experts recommend:
- Choose light colors and shades. Suitable white, peach, blue, green and pink colors. They will create the necessary effect of increasing space.
- Dark shades and black color should be avoided, it is he who eats usable space, depresses the psyche. The use of similar shades as additional details is recommended.
- To ensure that the kitchen space does not seem unnecessarily sterile, add a few bright elements: a colorful refrigerator, bright household appliances, paintings, lamps, curtains. It is important not to overdo it.
The use of dark color is allowed at registration of the floor or some elements of the working areas.
The use of natural materials (stone, wood) is recommended; it is allowed to combine with plastic, to cover with a special varnish, to have steel or iron parts. The choice of material for work surfaces should be based on practicality (moisture resistance, resistance to mechanical stress).
For wall decoration it is recommended to choose:
- Wallpaper. It is advisable to choose a special washable surface. In this case, the wallpaper will not be afraid of pollution and moisture, which can be considered an indisputable advantage.
- Plastic panels. Not resistant to various mechanical damage, it is the only drawback that is compensated by other quality characteristics.
- Ceramic plates. One of the most popular options. The only disadvantage is the loss of the original appearance after a certain period of time.
- Painting. High-quality painting can solve the most important issues. The main thing: to keep the atmosphere of comfort, to avoid the appearance of cheapness.
Floors are recommended to be covered with ceramic tiles, laminate or linoleum. Choose surfaces that are easy to clean.
Lighting can give the surrounding space the necessary volume. You can highlight such useful ideas:
- The use of multi-course lighting. The use of built-in lamps can solve many different inconveniences. Highlight main work areas.
- Recommended placement of several lamps on the ceiling. It is advisable not to put them in the same row, this error can lead to the creation of an additional effect of an unnecessarily narrow space.
- When using a large number of lighting fixtures, the presence of reflective surfaces is allowed, and this will give the room additional space.
- Do not hinder the penetration of natural light, use light transparent curtains.
It is advisable to use additional light sources in work areas.
It is worth paying attention to the choice of kitchen, as well as other furniture. It is important what material you decide to use, as well as the location of the main items to get the most practical benefits.
Choice of kitchen set:
- Measure the size of the kitchen and headset in advance. The main mistake can be considered that the ready-made headset eats too much space, choose the most practical models. The best option would be to use a headset made specifically for the kitchen.
- High cabinets are allowed. You can use them to your advantage: for a visual increase in space, use cabinets with transparent doors. Use of open shelves is allowed.
- Use lockers with doors that open vertically. In this case, do not have to worry about the occurrence of traumatic situations.
It is necessary to take into account the need for a dining area. A small space of the apartment provides for the availability of a dining place only in the kitchen, so you should take care of this in advance:
- Use folding tables or chairs. This will provide convenience, such a zone is easy to move or remove.
- It is allowed to combine working and dining areas. In this case, the work surface becomes a table at which you can eat.
- It is recommended to use a small rectangular table (rather narrow and elongated). With its help, a full-fledged dining place is created.
- You can use unusual options: purchase a retractable table or a bar counter.
When planning a narrow kitchen, it is necessary to resort to important tricks that will help simplify the further use of the kitchen space.
How to save space?
When a similar question arises, you should refer to simple tricks:
- Use retractable countertops.
- An extended sill can act as a working surface. In some cases, it can serve as a dining table.
- Drawers play a big role.
- Combine multiple zones.
- Use glossy surfaces that reflect light. This technique will help to expand the space visually.
- Multilevel and spot lighting will be useful if the goal was to create the effect of visual expansion of the room. Moreover, with sufficient lighting workspace is much more convenient to do the work.
- It is not recommended to use heavy fabrics and dark colors, they become insidious devourers of the useful kitchen area.
- A sufficient number of drawers and shelves will help to avoid finding household trifles on visible surfaces. This will help avoid the feeling of confusion.
- If the room has a balcony, you should arrange it in the style of the kitchen itself. You should think about combining the balcony with the room, such a decision will be very useful: add a real area on which you can put a fairly dimensional table or sofa.
These techniques will create the desired effect and allow you to use the space of a narrow kitchen in full force.
When planning a small kitchen, pay enough attention to the placement of furniture and the choice of colors - these factors become decisive. If you have any difficulties, consult a specialist.