Do you think white floors are impractical? Really. It is more difficult to care for light surfaces than for dark ones; moreover, they quickly become useless. Can a sane person dare to do that? But as you know - common sense - the worst enemy of creativity! A white floor in the interior of the apartment opens up unlimited scope for the birth of creative ideas! So do not be afraid and create in your own pleasure.
Advantages and disadvantages of the white floor
The attractiveness of the white color lies in its elegance and purity. It manifests itself in different ways, depending on the selected materials and interior style. Emphasizes the restraint and generosity of minimalist interiors, the elegance of antiquity, the brilliance and luxury of high technology. The white color of the floor contributes to a change in geometry - the room is as if filled with air, and its borders are moving apart. Light surface increases the space. This effect is enhanced when combined with the walls of the same shade.
The white floor is good because it:
- relevant for absolutely any interiors. The main thing is to choose the finishing materials;
- can act as a spectacular accent or, on the contrary, serve as a background for darker or brighter compositions;
- multifaceted - the palette of white contains cool and warm shades, which allows you to successfully implement them in any color selection;
- calming effect on the psyche, gives peace and tranquility;
- perfectly harmonizes with delicate, bright and deep shades. Supports the charm of the first, "cools" the ardor of the second and refreshes the third;
- masks the dust, allowing the owners to meet guests fully prepared without prior preparation.
The flip side of the coin is that perfectly hiding the dust, the white floor shamelessly demonstrates the slightest dirt and chips. Any hair, not to mention stains, scratches and shcherbinka, which fell to the surface is clearly visible.
This floor makes use of a vacuum cleaner and a rag more often than usual. But there will never be any reason to doubt its purity.
Interior styles and white floor
It is difficult to name the interior in which the white floor would be inappropriate. It is equally successful with both traditional and ultra-modern filling of space. Against its background, significant details of the style acquire an additional bulge.
In which styles is white floor especially popular?
- Classic - the severity of dark furniture will emphasize the decoration of the bleached floorboard, laminate or linoleum with a print under light wood. Softness and comfort will add a fluffy carpet in the same shades.
- Provence - a charming composition of aged furniture and unsophisticated accessories will complement the wooden floor with white paint worn out from time to time.
- Loft - matte white floor - self-leveling, wooden, tiled will help dispel the darkness of concrete and brick surfaces.
- Marine - in combination with ultramarine white color is especially bright and positive.
- High-tech - glossy coating will fill the room with light, create a striking contrast with any of the bright colors, support the shine of glass and the chrome gloss.
- Minimalism - will be an excellent background for furniture of strict outlines and a minimum set of accessories. Visually increase the small room.
- Scandinavian - fill the space with reflected light, air, will help to level the gloom of cloudy days.
What materials do?
The main rule of choice of finishing materials - their compliance with the interior style and purpose of the room. White shades are present in all versions of flooring, but how to choose from a variety of proposals the only correct one?
The main types of materials for finishing the floor:
- wood - wooden floor or parquet retain heat and give a feeling of comfort. They make you want to play on the floor with children, walk barefoot. Favorably looks in an interior of a board from a bleached oak, an ash-tree. The only disadvantage of such a coating is that wooden typesetters crack over time and begin to creak. But if you maintain a certain humidity in the apartment this can be avoided. Of course, provided that the technology of pre-drying of wood was not violated;
- tile - practical, durable, waterproof material. Represented by a variety of sizes, shapes, textures and colors. The collections are completed with monochromatic components, specimens with a pattern, decorative slats for framing the composition or demarcating individual sections of the coating. Glossy options add room to chic, glitter. They are pushing the space. Matt, on the contrary, fill the room with comfort. The cold surface is a weighty argument in favor of abandoning tiles in the nursery and bedroom. However, even this problem is solved by installing a heated floor;
- porcelain stoneware - acquires special strength in the production process. It fits like a tile, but in a seamless way. The result is a smooth matte or glossy surface - monophonic or with divorces. Porcelain tiles successfully imitate artificial marble, allowing significant savings;
- Laminate - pressed laminated material. The upper - decorative layer conveys a longitudinal section of wood. Among the minuses of the laminate surface - reduced moisture resistance and resistance to damage. The characteristics of the laminate vary by class;
- vinyl tile is a waterproof material that is easy to install with your own hands. Does not differ in environmental friendliness, can fade over time;
- bulk - the strong surface of this floor is steady against mechanical influences. Forms a smooth seamless plane. Provides ample opportunities for decoration;
- cork is a warm, shock-absorbing eco-friendly coating. It has excellent sound insulation properties;
- carpet - a cozy and soft material. An excellent choice for nursery, bedroom or living room. By virtue of its markosty white carpet will require enhanced care. An interesting option for soft flooring - carpet tiles and slats. From them you can lay out any patterns, and in the case of damage to an individual element it is easy to replace.
Variety of white shades
The versatility of white is amazing. Incredibly, but the fact is that this achromatic "dissident" manifests itself in a wide variety of guises. In the "association" of white shades united:
- snow white;
- color of baked milk;
- honeydew color;
Each of these shades is suitable for a monochrome or contrasting design.
Combination with other colors
White perfectly interacts with all representatives of the color wheel, shades of gray and black.
Introducing the most popular combinations:
- with black - classic mix. Suitable for a spacious room, and for a small bathroom. If such a combination seems too bland, add a peppercorn as an additional color. Luxurious red, for example, will perfectly fit into a black and white company;
- with orange or yellow - the overall mood of the room depends on the brightness of the “sunny” shades. Blurry tones will add elegance to it, rich - boiling joyful delight;
- with purple - a great option for creative natures. Violet does not fade away the glimmer of creativity constantly inspiring new ideas. He unrecognizable changes white interiors. Everything about them seems mysterious and unusual;
- with blue - this combination is perceived ambiguously. To some, it seems too harsh and strict, others consider it bright and fresh. It all depends on the specific shades of white and blue;
- with green - adding green to the interior can cause a surge of turbulent energy or, conversely, immerse the inhabitants in a sleepy state. The “pill” for vitality and efficiency will be the color of lime, green grass, lime. For relaxation, shades of olive and other muted tones are suitable;
- with brown - these combinations are the most "tasty" and spectacular. They can be used in any premises;
- with gray - a classic combination, which can be slightly revived with dot accents of yellow, wine-colored, turquoise.
In the interior of the rooms
White floor perfectly complements the finish of any shades - makes delicate colors more vivid and neutralizes over-saturated. Its variations will be welcome guests in every corner of the house.
In the living room
White floor will emphasize the respectability of the main room in the apartment. On the white floor, even bulky furniture will look lighter and more elegant. The choice of material depends on the style decision. Bleached board, parquet, laminate, vinyl panels will be suitable as a floor covering for classic interiors. The white shade of the floor will complement the composition of stucco on the ceiling and decorative fireplace, white doors and baseboards. Modern premises even more stylish will make the self-leveling floor, granite tiles, tiles. The lights of a large chandelier, reflected in the gloss of the floor covering, will give the room twice the light and decorate it with amazing highlights. In the living room decorated in ecostyle or at the cottage, the floor is made of bleached light wood.
In the bedroom
The white color on the floor has a calming effect. Therefore, in the bedroom it will be most welcome. It will make the room an ideal place for rest and solitude. The color can be maintained with white walls and furniture. But do not solve the whole room in a monochrome way. Sterile whiteness is associated with a hospital ward. “Paint” the interior with pastel textiles and accessories, and the room will turn into a cozy nest.
In the kitchen
White flooring in the kitchen should be waterproof. In the process of cooking and washing dishes, the floor will inevitably be attacked by water and greasy splashes. Such a coating, like tile, porcelain, linoleum, not only not soaked from random drops, but will stand under the onslaught of cleaning products and hard bastes. And for the light floor is more than relevant. The shade can be maintained with a white apron in the work area or with furniture fronts. If the kitchen set has legs, use only hard coating. On linoleum and vinyl tiles may remain traces, which later turn into cracks.
Bathroom and WC
In small rooms, the question of the need for visual expansion of space is particularly acute. That is why so often for the bathroom and toilet choose a white finish. And sex in this sense is no exception. In these rooms, a feeling of purity and freshness is important. The snow-white floor gives full confidence in the safety of hygiene procedures. The best choice for the bathroom will be tile or porcelain. The advantage of the latter is that it does not have a chamfer. Therefore, when it is laid, no seams are formed that are so difficult to clean. The resistance of porcelain tiles to abrasive components is another plus of the material. The disadvantage is excessive smoothness of the surface. To protect yourself, choose a tile with a lower slip rate - matte, embossed.
Do not be afraid to experiment by introducing a white floor in the design of the premises. This decision will make the decoration of your home bright and unique.