Laminate on the wall in the interior is an unusual and inappropriate use, which deserves attention. Today, designers are increasingly proposing to use flooring to decorate surfaces. Finishing walls with laminate requires relatively simple preparatory work, and the result exceeds all expectations.
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantages of laminate on the wall in the interior:
- stronger than MDF and PVC panels, does not break when struck;
- does not absorb moisture due to the dense structure and protection of the polymer layer;
- easy to clean with ordinary soap detergent;
- wide selection of colors and textures, imitation of natural wood;
- ecologically safe;
- convenient in laying.
- the cost is higher than the panels;
- the material requires a solid surface and secure attachment due to heavy weight;
- suitable for use on premises with a constant low humidity indicator, the material does not tolerate temperature changes.
To create an accent in the interior, as in the photo, you can sheathe part of the wall and ceiling with the board, as well as add lighting to the design.
The colors of the laminate can be divided into cold and warm groups, and when repairing it is necessary to adhere to one color. It is tinged with green, blue, white, red, brown.
You can choose the color to match the tone of furniture and walls, and you can make a contrasting wall in the interior, both options are appropriate depending on the design. You should also pay attention to the brightness of the laminate, which determines the fusion of colors, or the contrast in one group of shades. Color can be chosen under the door or the color of the floor.
The combination of laminate on the wall requires harmony with the main interior trim:
- When laying a dark laminate of a whole wall, it is better to paste over the rest in plain and light wallpaper;
- Dark plaster in the interior will look good in contrast with the white laminate;
- To create infinite space, you can finish the wall and floor with one laminate.
Photos in the interior of the living room
Finishing laminate flooring is appropriate in rooms for any purpose, it is important in each case to combine the color of the panels with the main color of the finish.
Laminate on the wall in the interior of the living room can be mounted both vertically and horizontally, it depends on the size of the room. For example, horizontal panels are suitable only for high living rooms and will make it visually wider. Vertical installation is suitable for a small room and will make the ceilings visually higher.
The photo shows an accent wall of horizontal panels with mirror inserts, which creates a sense of the depth of the room that continues behind the laminate.
Laminate on the wall in the kitchen
Laminate on the wall in the interior of the kitchen can be used as an accent contrast wall and an apron of the working surface, which will protect against splashes and is easy to wash. The color should be in harmony with the facade of the kitchen. To highlight the dining area, you can make a wall of laminate to the color of dark wood.
Laminate on the wall in the interior of the bedroom can be used as inserts above the headboard. If the bedroom is large, then you can veneer the entire wall with laminate and whiten it, hang colored accessories and photos within. Cosiness will create a laminate wall at the headboard in the color of the bed.
The photo is an example of the interior with decorating the wall and finishing the floor with one color. It looks spectacular and creates a feeling of infinity.
The photo shows a wall at the head of the bed, which fits into the overall eco-style bedroom interior.
Laminate in the hallway
Wall laminate in the interior hallway should contrast with the color of the floor and it is better for them to sheathe only the lower part of the wall. Laminate on the wall in the corridor is recommended to mount vertically, as this will not make it visually smaller.
In the photo, the corner of the hallway is paneled in natural wood color and combined with neutral shades of the interior.
Photos in the bathroom
Laminate on the walls in the bathroom can be used only with ventilation, which is important for the durability of the structure. Not suitable as an alternative to tiles in the shower area, but you can select one wall with wooden trim.
Registration of a balcony or loggia
In the interior of the balcony laminate was often used for plating. It protects the wall insulation from moisture, you can also make shelves out of it and revet cabinets on the balcony. A great option if the balcony serves as a study.
The choice of class and method of attachment
When choosing a laminate it is worth considering that:
- strong load will not affect laminate;
- the choice of the lock system depends on the mounting method;
- the interior with laminate on the wall should give aesthetic pleasure, in which the range of colors and textures will help.
- Glue. This is a system without locks, installation is carried out only with the help of glue, which is applied to the side and back. Glue for laminate on the wall should be on silicone, or "liquid nails." The panels are glued one after another, and the emerging glue should be immediately cleaned with a wet sponge. Rarely used for crates.
- Click. To fasten two parts, they are tilted at an angle of 20 degrees to each other and the laminate is inserted into the grooves. The lock snaps easily and firmly connects the panels. It can be attached with glue to the crate, this option is resistant to mechanical stress.
- Sheet Pile Bond on the principle of a tongue and groove lock, which does not need to glue extra. Fastening on the frame, the panel is fixed in the recess with the help of brackets-clamps.
Which class to choose?
For laying laminate on the wall, it is not necessary to use the highest durable class (from 33 to 34), a material of low strength from 21 to 31 classes is enough.
In the photo, the white color makes the interior of the living room brighter, and the texture of the wood on the wall adds comfort.
Horizontal and vertical installation
The joints converge in a single line, which must be closed plinths, and they are attached to the wall with dowel-nails. The plinth is placed no more than 1.5 meters. To lay the durable, and the load is distributed evenly, the laminate is before you start to cut into strips.
Horizontal placement of boards in the interior (as in the photo) will make the room wider, and the vertical - above.
Laminate on the wall vertically mounted on a flat surface with glue, laying options, there are many, you can combine the remnants of different batches and colors to create a unique interior design.
How to fix laminate to the wall? (video)
There are two common ways of mounting on the wall: glue and sheathing.
It requires a flat surface to which the laminate will be attached, otherwise gaps will appear and the lifetime will be lower. Installation of a laminate board on a wall by this method does not require special knowledge and can be done by hand. You can glue any kind of panels, with or without locks.
When mounting with glue, in addition to liquid nails on silicone, special glue can be applied, then the panel is pressed. For a better fortress, you can glue the lock. The question may be how to lay the laminate on the wall, if a lot of plaster goes on leveling them. In this case, it is worth choosing the second method.
Metal or wood crate
This method does not require creating a flat wall surface with plaster or drywall, as it creates a frame. Lathing makes additional insulation and soundproofing of the room. Here the panel is mounted on nails or clamps. This method is more durable, but it helps to save on leveling the walls.
To create wooden crates, you need 2-4 cm slats, which are attached to the wall at a distance of 20-50 cm parallel to future panels. The metal frame is made of profiles for drywall, some manufacturers also offer a finished frame.
With the help of a laminate board, you can experiment with the interior of the room and decorate the walls in an original way. Below are photos of examples of using laminate on walls in rooms of various functional purposes.